+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's with this group? (Guatemala) **possible SPOILERS**

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

What's with this group? (Guatemala) **possible SPOILERS**

Um, am I the only one that noticed that:

1. They ALL appear to be caucasian. (Except maybe Lydia)

2. Except for maybe 2 - they are all way too pretty.

Did they pick EVERYONE from the modeling agencies this time?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    I noticed also. Lydia was born in Japan, however, I don't know to Japanese parents or to Caucasian parents who were living in Japan.

It seems like everyone is either a) REALLY young, lots of 21-24 year olds, or b) middle-aged.

What I noticed when I went to cbs site and read their bios is that at least 3 of them have twins. Important? Probably not. Just an observation.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    Um, am I the only one that noticed that:

1. They ALL appear to be caucasian. (Except maybe Lydia)

2. Except for maybe 2 - they are all way too pretty.

Did they pick EVERYONE from the modeling agencies this time?

I thought kinda the opposite. I thought only 4 or 5 people were "attractive" I agree, nationality wise it isn't diverse. For ages, they really did not mix it up too well. Either way young or old(reality tv wise)

SHould be interesting.

I didn't find many of this group anything other than average, although a lot of the women look much older than their age by at least 5 years! And that's in the promo pics. I can't imagine what they'll look like after a couple of weeks of minimal food & maximum stress.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I noticed the lack of ethnic diversity- although there are a couple Latinas judging by last names (Brianna Varela, Lydia Morales).

I'm excited to see what this group is like! I'm hoping there are a few interesting characters in this mix.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I think that the producers threw their previous casting rules out the window, and I'm very excited about that. It seems to me that they cast only the characters that would make for great T.V. There aren't too many young models, though of course the cast has its share. The models that have been cast seem like they should be interesting anyway, which is fantastic. The lack of any black contestants points to the fact that the producers only chose the most interesting characters, since normally there would have to be a black man and woman despite how interesting they are. I actually have high hopes for this cast, and I think we'll be seeing a rather interesting season.

I hate posting multiple times in a row, but the edit function dissapears so quickly...

I haven't seen it established on these forums, so I'd like to point out how the Survivors are divided into their tribes, based on the cast photo.

Yaxha (Blue):
    Amy - Brian - Brianna - Gary - Jamie - Lydia - Morgan - Rafe

Nakum (Yellow):
    Blake - Brandon - Brooke - Cindy - Danni - Jim - Judd - Margaret

Physically, it's difficult to tell which tribe is stronger. I think Nakum may prove to be slightly stronger in the challenges, but it should be a pretty even playing field. After all, the producers made the tribes this time, and they have proven that they can pick far more even tribes than the Survivors themselves can (Thailand, Palau). Mentally, I think we will see the schemers coming from Yaxha, and I am very confidant the main strategic players will come from this tribe, as well as the winner (Brian or Rafe). Nakum may take the early lead, but I can see Yaxha ending up the victor in the long run.

There are new videos of the Survivors, as well as Probst's assessment of them here. They're pretty interesting, and I'm already questioning my first opinions of some of the contestants...

Thanks, Cable!!!

Hmmm... Those are interesting tribal breakdowns.

I think the Nakum women are going to kick the Yaxha women's collective @$$- all the Nakum women are strong and physical players with wavy/curly hair compared to their straight-haired rivals.

But the Yaxha men appear more physically capable than their Nakum counterparts, with an ex-NFL player, a waterski instructor, and two fit young men versus two fit young men, an older (and, presumably though not necessarily, weaker) man, and a strong but large guy.

I think Morgan and Brianna are especially at risk of early oustings since they are going to be seen as the two little girls of the tribe and therefore the weakest links, whether or not that is actually the case. They will really have to prove themselves and hope Yaxha wins the first few immunities.

On the Nakum tribe, Jim has quite the age barrier to surmount in relating to his tribemates- he's probably older than many of their fathers, although I wouldn't be surprised if he bonds with Danni. Margaret may also discover she has little in common with the other women on her tribe, who might bond with each other and Blake to oust her if push came to shove.

Those are my early predictions based just on bios and photos!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast