+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kao
    Saw the last half hour of this. I like Steph and Bobbie Joe but I don't think they should have been brought back. I know I would have liked to see them on AR though!

The look on Morgan's face when her name was coming up on the parchment was priceless. Man, was she surprised to get voted out. Sorry honey, you gotta work if you want to be kept around. I'm glad they didn't vote Lydia off...after all she did catch fish for them with no pole or net!

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm picking the next boot now, it's gonna be Gary. The whole occupation thing is going to bite him in the butt. Yaxha is not a tribe of thinkers by any means but Brian seems pretty sharp. I bet he is the only one to put 2 and 2 together about Gary. As far as Yaxha knows, how does Danni know what Gary told his tribemates what he does for a living? She probably outed him and doesn't even know it. If any of them were to reason it out, he comes up looking like a liar and a sneak. He's hiding the NFL think so others wouldn't boot him thinking he didn't need the money. If Danni DID say that just target someone on that tribe, why wouldn't they try something with a younger stronger member ( not the NFL excuse of course) One that is more of a threat than Gary? Unless someone is a sports nut or works in that field, none of them are old enough to know who his is. Danni is both. Brian is not gonna just buy "mistaken identity" excuse. He is too much a student of the game. I bet if he can get close enough to Danni at the challenge, he will bring it up to her.
    Gary is going to be the "cautious one" to go. He should have fessed up when it was brought out in the open.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneysummers
    I don't think it's that smart. Gary can only deny and lie for so long and if he makes it to the end it may end up causing him to lose the money.
    He can, and should, deny it until the end. They others will find out when the game is over, then it'll be too late.

What's Really Going on at Yaxha

According to this episode, the tribe as a whole was torn between Morgan and Lydia as potential boots. Lydia was seen as weak in the challenges; Morgan didn't do anything around camp and was percieved as lazy. With the help of Brian, Lydia was able to convince everybody else to boot Morgan, and she's was surprised to get the boot.

However, it is now clear that there is much more to Yaxha than what we were shown. Based on interviews with Morgan and Insider videos, we know that the dominating Yaxha alliance consisted of Gary, Stephenie, Amy, Brianna, and Rafe. Jamie and Brian had both gotten Lydia in their back pockets (I don't see someone either one of them simply liking Lydia too much to boot her). Rafe had a strong bond with Morgan. When it comes time for tribal council, the main alliance sees Lydia as the weakest of the outsiders (weaker than Brian and Jamie, that is) and so she is set up to get the axe at tribal council.

This means that Jamie and Brian need to start scrambling. Jamie begins the attempts by trying to talk the tribe into booting Stephenie; she's a clear choice for the obvious reasons. However, the core alliance ain't buying that. Stephenie's too strong, and they need her for now. So Jamie moves to the next step, as shown by the tribal council voting video. He tries to get Morgan to vote with Lydia, Brian, and himself for Brianna, who is actually seen by the tribe as the real weakest link in challenges. I'm going to assume Rafe was going to be included in this plot to boot Brianna, since Jamie/Brian/Lydia needed an extra vote and Morgan and Rafe were so close. However, we know Morgan didn't go along with the plan, as she had formed her own bond with Brianna.

This is where Morgan lost and set herself up as the next boot for Jamie, Brian, and Lydia. As time runs out, Brian and Lydia start doing everything they can to convince Gary that Morgan can't stick around any longer; she's not an asset to the tribe, and she doesn't work hard enough. They're able to convince Gary, who is in control of the major core alliance, that Morgan needs to go. Amy goes with him, and Stephenie and Brianna know that they need to go with their alliance and the numbers. Rafe has a hard time booting his closest ally, but he does so anyway, because otherwise he becomes an outsider.

Now, we had all this strategy going on, and yet we didn't see any of it. But it was definitely there. What this means to me is that Jamie and Brian are real players. They know people like Lydia are the perfect allies to have, and the're doing everything they can to break up the core group without Gary and gang even realizing it. Will they pull something off next time Yaxha goes to tribal council? With Amy hurting her foot next episode, Gary being ousted by Danni, and Brianna still being the weakest member at the challenges, there's a good chance they'll be able to break up the main alliance even further, and set themselves up in an even better position.

If the schemers execute their plans well, there's a good chance they'll go far, much like Brian Heidik, Rob Cesternino, Johnny Fairplay, and other before them. It looks to me like the dominant will fall, much as they often do in this backstabbing game known as Survivor.

I guess I might be in the minority but I really like Lydia. I was happy to see Morgan leave. I didn't get to see the first show. I also like Judd and I think it's Blake that is wonderful eye candy. I'll be glad to see another show to get to know them more.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    I guess I might be in the minority but I really like Lydia. I was happy to see Morgan leave. I didn't get to see the first show. I also like Judd and I think it's Blake that is wonderful eye candy. I'll be glad to see another show to get to know them more.
    I like Lydia too (As you can tell from my siggy). I liked Morgan too, so I was kind of a nervous wreck last week, no matter what way the voting went.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101

This means that Jamie and Brian need to start scrambling. Jamie begins the attempts by trying to talk the tribe into booting Stephenie; she's a clear choice for the obvious reasons. However, the core alliance ain't buying that. Stephenie's too strong, and they need her for now. So Jamie moves to the next step, as shown by the tribal council voting video. He tries to get Morgan to vote with Lydia, Brian, and himself for Brianna, who is actually seen by the tribe as the real weakest link in challenges. I'm going to assume Rafe was going to be included in this plot to boot Brianna, since Jamie/Brian/Lydia needed an extra vote and Morgan and Rafe were so close. However, we know Morgan didn't go along with the plan, as she had formed her own bond with Brianna.
    You make alot of sense. Morgan should have seen it coming and made the deal. She was in kind of a Christy/Dolly situation. Though she wasn't the deciding vote, she could have swung things in a different direction. Steph, Gary, Rafe and Brianne all had good reasons to be targeted as possible boot. Any one of them will jump at the chance of a "anyone but me" vote had it shifted from their original plan.She should have been suspicous of just that happening. This is what I can not figure out...why don't these people think that if a someone comes to them to get them to change their and they refuse, that those same people won't go to others to do the same and make THEM the target? Day 6 with total strangers, many have reason to be afraid they'd be targeted. Who wouldn't throw Morgan (or any of the others) to the wolves to save their own hide? I think Morgan could have swayed Rafe easily seeing as he blew the RC and would be worried they'd target him the most. Throw anyone under the bus, as long as it's not me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by user name
    Yep, I didn't mind his not tellling them initially because it wasn't a lie. But when someone asked him point blank, he should have come clean. If he and Danni both make it to the merge, which if the teams are smart, they will, you better believe she's gonna call him on it, at which time he will have been lying for two weeks straight.
    As a huge football fan (sports fan in general), I'm not sure there are many players I'd recognize away from the football arena and especially not someone who didn't really receive a lot of media attention, unless 1) Danni covered a team where Gary played or 2) MB made sure she knew who Gary was, just to spice things up a bit....

Team Gonads (Steph) should boot Rafe next. I think he is the weakest link. Not sure who i like on their tribe yet, Stephanie is one, not sure who else. I like Margaret and Judd on Team Puke, I want them to go far.

+ Reply to Thread