+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virgin Atlantic Airways Turns Reality TV into Reality; New Pillow Developed by Rebel

Virgin Atlantic Airways Turns Reality TV into Reality; New Pillow Developed by Rebel

Oh brave, new world, that hath such pillows in it!

Virgin Atlantic Airways Turns Reality TV into Reality; New Pillow Developed by Rebel Billionaire Contestants to be Onboard All Flights by End of Year

NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Virgin Atlantic Airways is pleased
    to announce plans to launch a unique, new pillow in the Upper Class Suite.
    The pillow, developed and seen during the second episode of the new Fox
    reality series "The Rebel Billionaire: Branson's Quest for the Best," is
    scheduled to be onboard all Virgin Atlantic flights by the end of this year.
    Very different to any other airline pillow, this pillow has a "smushable"
    structure, which is specifically designed to provide comfort and support.
    "I am very pleased that we will be introducing these new pillows in our
    award winning Upper Class Suite, especially as other airlines are taking away
    such comforts," said Sir Richard Branson, Chairman of Virgin Atlantic Airways.

"When the Rebel Billionaire contestants presented this idea to me, developed
    in Hong Kong, I knew immediately it was something our passengers would enjoy.
    I sleep with my pillow every night wherever I am in the world whether I am on
    one of our flights or even in my own bed. In time we also plan to provide the
    cushions for all passengers regardless of what class they are traveling in."
    The Rebel Billionaire pillow will be the latest addition to the many
    amenities offered to Upper Class passengers. With the largest flat bed in the
    sky and the new pillow, passengers are sure to have Suite-er travels.
    The pillow was the brainchild of Shawn Nelson, the team leader on this
    challenge. His company, LoveSac, has been contracted by Virgin Atlantic to
    supply the pillows for the airline, turning Sean's business dreams into
    reality.
    The Upper Class Suite is different to anything else flying today. The
    product has been designed to be not just the most comfortable bed in the air
    but also the most comfortable seat. Instead of a seat that extends into a
    bed, Virgin Atlantic's seat provides the passenger with a luxury leather
    armchair to relax in which then flips over into a separate bed with a mattress
    to sleep on.
    Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2467214&EDATE=
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I really like the fact that one of the show contestants is going to be the supplier for these pillows, instead of the idea being taken and given to a big company! I really wanted one of those too, when I saw it on the show; I love my pillows, but they have to be just right, and that one looked promising!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

As I was running through Wal Mart last I saw a bin full of pillows that looked similar to those shown on the show. I didnt have time to stop and check them out but there were quite a few people around the bin squishing and talking about them. I am going to have to check them out and see if they are similar to these ones.

I've seen those pillows around for a long time, and the fact that Shawn was able to get 45 of them in Hong Kong means they were already being produced. I'm not sure exactly what the proprietary part of this is, except maybe the color and the Virgin tag on them.

OK this dude Shawn was the guy who was almost booted off because of how he treated the cabbie/Branson in the beginning of the show. What a way to almost lose twice. Good thing for him Branson kept him on.

FORT Regular
    Also, Steve is selling the Moosh Pillow at www.mooshpillow.com

Something about Steve taking credit for the pillows on Virgin doesn't seem right!!!!!!!! Wasn't it Shawn with the "Love Sac"? I guess yall are right about it simply being a different label on the pillows. Or maybe Steve got ahold of George Bush, and he gave Steve his endorsement!
    kitty-cats rule!

It's the same pillow I have had for six months called a Moshi http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1765077

+ Reply to Thread