+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

FORT Fan
    The monster has to be above ground at some point because characters look up at it and it has to be below ground sometimes because it tried to pull Locke underground (unless that was something else). I envision it as something that typically stays under the surface and pops up when it needs to do its security detail.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Hey all-- I just noticed we are just about up to 4000 posts on this show, which makes it some kind of all time champ I think. Go LOST! Advertisers ought to get this kind of data....DH may get higher ratings but LOST gets way more obsession!

FORT Fogey
    Just rewatched finale episode and noticed one little tibid I missed before. Remember the old guy in the airport who sold Hurley his scooter?

He has a hat on with a number 8 on it! One of the numbers!

Ok, I admit... If I can get excited about the NUMBER on the hat, I need help.

Squatman!!!!!! Well Done!
    You've indexed our discussions, I wish I could cut it out and paste it on every page, as my personal quick reference. Thank you!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Squatman, wow!

ETA: I like the interchanging color font. Great job!

Really cool site - not for posting, or theories- just a notebook of facts:

http://www.hanttula.com/projects/lost/intro.htm

Quote Originally Posted by weezerette
    Some other number occurances I don't think anyone mentioned yet, at least that I noticed.

At the hotel Hurley was in room number 2342, which were two numbers in the series. When the car broke down the speedometer went from 16 kph to 15 to 8 then 4 - all numbers in the series.
    I didn't notice that, but I did notice that he had 42 liters of gas. It might have been 23, but it was definitely one of those numbers.

Squatman, thanks for the index. I had stayed out of this thread while I was catching up on episodes and your dex really helped out.

Like other's have mentioned, I hope that the writer's sew up a few loose ends before going on to new plots. I fear that they have built up the hype surrounding the hatch, "other's" and the monster that it will be a bummer when it is finally revealed.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Just rewatched Exodus II and the part where Hurley is chanting the numbers quietly while walking with Kate seemed odd. I am pretty sure he omits the number 8: "15-16-23-42-4...15-16-23-42-4..." is what I hear. Can anyone confirm or deny that? What about when we heard him chant that before? I didn't know the numbers by heart like I do now.

Also, Mr Totoro pointed out that Hurley chants them in that order, yet for some reason the numbers on the hatch are in ascending order, just like you'd see on a lottery ticket.

Has anyone played with the numbers to see if there is any type of pattern? I did the old SAT trick: 4(+4)8(+7)15(+1)16(+7)23(+19)42, which of course means absolutely nothing, () but my curiosity is piqued and I'm really wondering about the order of the numbers now.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

+ Reply to Thread