+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying and/or Deceitful things you only know about BB because of feeds or forums

Annoying and/or Deceitful things you only know about BB because of feeds or forums

If we give it some love, attention, and a little water, this could be by far the longest topic ever in this forum--because there are so many hidden deceipts in this show. Things they don't want you to know in the broadcast...

We can be specific about this version of the show or generic to all versions:

Specific:

Of course the edition of BB with Scott the chair thrower holds the record for the most distortions from reality but this one has a lot too. For example,

-Marvin's constant cursing, and all of grope-gate with him and Holly.

-How little danger Jennifer was ever in of going. Or, for that matter, the fact that she even knew beforehand that she was going to be nominated.

-The amount of conflict between Scott and Holly (although that might be remidied this week if she's up for eviction).

All editions:

-The fact that our rats all live in the same cage BEFORE the BB house. They always seem to talk on the feeds every year about seeing each other in the hotel. Even forbidden to talk to each other, they still form impressions.

-Masturbation: Not showing it, I mean, but the almost constant talk for each of the past 3 seasons about it. Of course this is understandible I think (not broadcasting it), but worth noting as a pattern.

-The importance of the Hammock. Not so clear on the broadcast that it's like... a personality barometer for who can stand each other (or who can pretend to stand each other).

-The fact that their promo shots are specifically directed by the producers. For example, this year they were all asked to yell "money" at the camera for the promos and asked to elaborate/talk about it specifically.

-The fact that ANYONE from BB besides Julie ever speaks to them in the house. Totally sidestepped.

-The origins of the cast. The fact that for the past several seasons the majority of them have been local California actor-wanna-be famewhores is hidden behind other origin stories--usually going back further in their lives. Show-biz career titles are replaced with "bartender" or whatever other side-job they've had most conveniently. Their "homes" are usually portrayed as the last place they lived BEFORE Hollywood. Holly, in fact, might be the first person from Hollywood to ever have the show admit it on air.

Of course these are just examples. There are hundreds of these.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-16-2004 at 10:58 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Specific--Most of the whole cycle of the relationship between Jase and Holly...e.g., that they have been sharing a bed, that it now appears to be over.
    That the houseguests have guessed that someone might be doubling, and that they think it's Holly
    In general who's sleeping with whom.
    Of course some of this could come out in the next week...maybe they are just saving the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Specific--Most of the whole cycle of the relationship between Jase and Holly...e.g., that they have been sharing a bed, that it now appears to be over.
    That the houseguests have guessed that someone might be doubling, and that they think it's Holly
    In general who's sleeping with whom.
    Of course some of this could come out in the next week...maybe they are just saving the tape.
    They did put one little thing in last night's show with Holly and Cowboy in the WC. He asked how she got in there so fast (from wherever she was before), and she said, "I'm a twin" (or something like that).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Reality Tv Addict
    The fact that they were in there for a whole week before the first episode aired...
    That the first HOH held his position for two weeks instead of one.
    That there is a a shrink that they can (and do) talk to on a regular basis.

I'm with you on the one about almost all the house guests being actors or wanna be's rather than the real people the show claims them to be.

That they aren't allowed to sing or whistle any music.
    They are paid a decent amount just for being there.

They are paid a decent amount just for being there.
    Really? I didn't know that....
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Isn't it the longer they're in the house, the more money they get? I know that Mike said he didn't make anything which is understandable as he was in the house for only 2 weeks. Even so though, I don't think the amount of money they make is nearly as big as the end prize.

I didn't know that either, does anyone know how much they're being payed just for being there?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i read somewhere that it's something like $750 a week but don't quote me on that.

General to all seasons:
    -The fact that they often talk about what BB wants them to say and that it's rigged and then it cuts to FOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I didn't know that either, does anyone know how much they're being payed just for being there?

Each guest is paid $750 a week salary for appearing on the show, regardless of the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast